The 2018 Kansas Social Studies conference is scheduled for October 28 & 29 on the campus of Emporia State University and is co-sponsored by all the K’s:
- Kansas Council for Economic Education
- Kansas Council for History Education
- Kansas Council for the Social Studies
- Kansas Geographic Alliance
- Kansas State Historical Society
- Kansas Department of Education
The conference theme targets the teaching and learning of historical thinking skills and assessments with a special focus on creating civically engaged students. You’ll walk away smarter with new details about civic engagement strategies, tech integration tools, and current best practice.
- Our conference keynote speaker is Joel Breakstone, executive director of the Stanford History Education Group. Yup. That Stanford History Education Group. The one with the very cool lessons and the brand new Online Civic Literacy activities designed specifically to help you build engaged and informed citizens. (Joel will also lead two breakout sessions on Monday.) Tell your friends – this is gonna be awesome!
- Get full conference details including registration and the session schedule at the conference website.
- We’ll see you in October! Have questions right now? Contact Darla.
You don’t want to miss this – make plans now to attend!